Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Team,

For those in attendance this morning that was a good practice. I'm glad to see the women especially making strides and in full attendance.

With the flux of the women as they shift up to varsity and diseases running like wildfire around campus it is imparitive you stay in touch with each other. As it was easy to see this morning, its not hard for our numbers to drop fast. We only have 12 men and 5 women (This includes coxswains!) We have two team members on medical, one sick and three MIA this morning. That's 35% of the team not active or accounted for this morning. Not acceptable.

Remember the rules:
If you will miss.. POST THE DAY OF! I will forget that your third cousins 5th annual teddy bear tea party is in next wednesday. Even if it is a weekly miss... POST IT DAY OF.

If you are sick you are responsible to post AND call a teammate to ensure they know.

If you sleep through a practice, own up to it. Post it and take the punishment for it, then move on.

SLEEP WITH YOUR PHONE NEXT TO YOU

If you did not know the schedule that's just lame, it was posted. Look to the left and check the archived pages, click on the pictures and print them off.

If you do all this already then I am obviously not talking to you. This isn't just a practice thing, if you don't show up for work and don't call what do you think will happen? Never half ass anything in life, it never gives you the outcome your looking for (and pisses off those around you who are looking for success).

Ross, you are in charge of getting a phone list together. Group by living quarters. Put the lead for each dorm as the most reliable attendee of practice. Each group will meet outside their dorm and head to practice together. If someone is missing go to their room and get them. Off campus people will obviously be a single group.

Also, be on the lookout for big kids in your dorms and get them interested in rowing, I am going to try to open up at least on roster spot and judging by practice attendance as of late, their may be another one "magically" opening up.

SCHEDULE CHANGES:
Tuesday PM All Women should workout on their own per Lou Renzulli (I will explain Wednesday Night).
Wednesday 5:15 pm on the water! Thursday PM off- give blood!

-coach

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coach- I may have a difficulty with attending practice on Wednesday evening. I will know a definite answer by tomorrow morning.
Marisa

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coach
I slept through practice this morning. I ask that u don not punish the team but just me. I know the team is only as good as the weakest link in the chain. I feel that at this time I am the weakest after missing practice today and on Saturday due to bronchitis.
Ryan

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ross- 908 334 4753, I'll give you my dorm later because I'm moving sometime in the next week.

Coach- My physical is finally in. I didn't know which number to fax it to (the main office of the DAC or the fieldhouse/trainer one) so I faxed it to both. However, I don't think I can make it to practice this weekend because I have some family stuff to take care of at home.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coach- I can't make practice this evening. I didn't think we were having practice on Wednesday evenings so I scheduled to start part of my community service hourse tonight. I tried to e-mail my volunteer rep. but I have yet to receive an e-mail back. I don't want to take the chance of them thinking I'm coming and then not show up. I have the other hours scheduled for next Wed. evening, but I am going to change them to the morning incase we were to have practice in the evening again.
Sorry for the late notice.
Marisa
Ross- Kelly Hall, Rm. 823, cell- 610-721-1428

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ross (609) 458-5047, Myers 160

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Can everyone start putting dates on their posts? It would make it much easier. Thanks

2. Don't forget to bring the FORMS TO PRACTICE FRIDAY!!!

Girls, I'm guessing you will be at novice practice on Friday since the jv/vars have a race saturday. If you do go to their practice instead, bring your forms Saturday to novice practice.

~Heather, 11-2-06

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(301)448-9814
Kelly 806

-Alysha

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

coach(es)- again, just reminding you that I can't make it to practice tonight or tomorrow I have some family stuff to take care of over the weekend. I'll get to the DAC sometime today.
I finished the packet due today and I'll give it to ryan to take to practice today
11/03/06

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coach 1/3/06
I slept through practice today. Again. I then went to work out at the DAC around 6 oclock. The balcony was closed becasue of the basketball game? I than ran forno more than 10 minutes. I came back and am doing all my work so i can get to bed early for tomorrow. Ryan

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear coach
im not going to be able to make practice this morning as much as i regret it i have to spend the day with my mom bc she is goin to cancun next week and wants me to come home and spend time with her b4 she leaves -nick

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coach 11-6-06
Just wanted to give you a heads up and let you know that Candice Williams who has been up with the jv/varsity women but is a novice rower asked about coming to tonight's practice. She hasn't gotten much water time to learn and wanted to get some time with those of the same caliber. I left her a voicemessage saying it was fine and that to be at the bh. Hopefully she will be there.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home